Monday, August 19, 2013

A seamstress I am not





Good morning all!
So I was having one of those moments where you stare at your wardrobe for an eternity trying to decide what to wear. I have 3 wardrobes so you would think it would be easy to come up with an effortless/ chic uni outfit... but it turns out all girls have the same problem. After a relaxing cup of tea I decided to start a project. I decided to MAKE the perfect outfit.

I have a box of clothes that I have been meaning to take to an op shop for far too long. In this box was a pair of jeans that I picked up years ago in a vintage store and wore to death. I plucked them out, grabbed my incredibly neglected pair of sewing scissors and began.

After hacking off the legs I realised that I had no idea what I was doing! So that project has been set aside... If anyone has any tips for creating the perfect pair of cute, worn denim shorts for spring please comment below. Apparently I need a lot of help.

After setting aside 'the shorts' I had another look at my wardrobe and the perfect outfit practically walked out. So here is what I decided on. My new favourite kaftan from this spring/ summer collection of resort wear from Portmans paired with my cute Mel sandals



Don't forget to follow my Instagram @sugarstyleblogger


No comments:

Post a Comment