Sunday, August 18, 2013

Hello



Well I've been sitting here for 20 minutes trying to decide what a 'fashion blogger' would write... I'm not coming up with much. Maybe it's because I'm not a fashion blogger in inverted commas, I'm Lucy... a fashion blogger?

I'll start by introducing myself. As I mentioned, my name is Lucy and everyone who knows me would describe me as overtly passionate about everything beautiful, largely including fashion. Now I'm not one of those girls who puts a potato sack on a model with some ridiculously dark eye makeup and calls it fashion (and charges a pretty penny for it). I prefer beautiful colours, prints and fabrics. At the moment I am loving brands like 'Bird and Kite', 'Staple the Label' and more or less anything adorable that you would find in a store like Princess Polly. 

In preparing for my first blog post I was panicked... even though my Grandma and my dog will probably be the only ones to bother reading it. So I found myself reading Rebecca Varcoe's article on The Vine: Fashion entitled 'How To Be a High Class Australian Fashion Blogger: A Field Report'. I found myself in stitches at her hilarious take on fashion blogging. What I found most humerous were the points that required me to constantly eat out (and document my eating on camera), acquire a photographer boyfriend and have an entirely white house in which to take photos. Well let me just say, as a university student on the Gold Coast I can't afford to even dream about constantly eating out, let alone actually doing it. This is mainly because ALL of my money goes into buying clothes. And as for the photographer boyfriend, well my boyfriend is an electrician... maybe he can build me a robot photographer? All of that aside, the article really is worth a read (even if just for a chuckle at Rebecca Varcoe's attempt at food photography). 

So I guess all I'm trying to say is I'm Lucy. Stay tuned, and follow my instagram @sugarstyleblogger
blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment